1 lb ground beef (preferably 80/20)
1 lb ground pork
4 slices thick bacon chopped
2 each egg yolks lightly beaten
1 clove garlic clove, minced ( more if you love garlic)
1 small onion finely chopped (Vidalia or Sweet)
1 1/2 Tbsp Coarse grain mustard
1/4 Cup Heavy (whipping) cream
S & P to taste
1. Cook BACON on medium low to medium heat until the fat is rendered out but the bacon is NOT crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
2. To the Bacon FAT, add the onion and cook on medium heat until the onion begins to turn translucent, ADD the garlic and continue to cook for about three more minutes. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
3. When the onions and garlic are cooled, combine with the bacon in the bowl of a FOOD PROCESSOR and pulse until well blended.
4. To the mixture in the food processor add the EGG YOLKS, MUSTARD, SALT AND PEPPER, and HEAVY CREAM. Blend until it has an even consistency.
5. Add mixture from the processor to the two ground meats and blend well with your hands.
6. Form burgers with your hands, You should get five or six depending on how large you make your burgers, it’s your choice!
7. Lay burgers on waxed or parchment paper covered sheet pan, cover and refrigerate for at least two hours.
8. Grill to your taste or pan fry as you would any other burger.