Here is a quick Summer meal, you can pop the salmon FROZEN into the oven while you change out of your work clothes and into your cozy yoga pants. Oven to table in 25 minutes… okay a few more if you take your time. Pour a glass of wine and have your significant other hang out with you in the kitchen and wow them with your culinary prowess!
2 Sockeye salmon fillets FROZEN
Olive oil (I keep mine in a little squirt bottle… you should too)
Fresh ground black pepper and salt to taste
3 fresh lemons ( 2 for juicing, cut one in half and save half for garnish the other for Haricot verts)
Two heaping Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
1/2 cup additional Olive oil for the vinaigrette
1 large clove of garlic whole
Raw Baby spinach about two cups
Haricot Verts or small green beans, fresh or frozen
Fresh sliced mushrooms of your choice, I used white button but baby bellas would be great
PREHEAT OVEN to 400 degrees
1. In a square of aluminum foil squeeze a bit of oil on the foil, place the salmon fillet and top with a bit of oil and some fresh dill. Fold the foil into a packet. You can do the fillets together or individually.
2. Place Salmon packets on a cookie sheet and in oven, set your timer for 25 minutes.
3. Make your vinaigrette: To a food processor add the juice of two lemons, a few twists of black pepper, one clove of garlic, two Tablespoons mustard and pulse to mix, turn the processor to high and stream in the 1/2 cup of olive oil. You are striving for a blend, not a thick cream. Stop adding oil if your mixture starts to become overly thick. Set aside.
4. Cook Haricot Verts in a covered saucepan with 1/2 cup of water until they are just barely cooked..they will slightly change color to a darker green but still be crispy. Pour into a colander and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process and chill the beans.
5. On a plate arrange the baby spinach, sliced mushrooms and add a pinch of salt and a twist or two of black pepper.
6, To the Haricot Verts squeeze half a lemon and a splash of olive oil, salt and pepper to taste and toss. Place on your plate on top of the baby spinach.
7. Spoon a small amount of the vinaigrette over the Haricot verts
8. When your salmon is done, transfer to a plate and flake gently with a fork, let cool to room temperature and pour remaining vinaigrette over and toss to coat. Place salmon on the Haricot verts, salt and pepper to taste.