14 large eggs
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 large squirt of prepared yellow mustard (or a tablespoon and a half)
1 shallot chopped
dash of cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
2 cups chopped cooked ham (be sure to use a ham you love)
2 cups shredded swiss cheese
butter for greasing your muffin tins (I use the jumbo size muffin tins) and cooking the shallot.
Directions: Preheat your oven to 375°
1. In a small pan lightly sauté the chopped shallot. You want it to be soft and translucent not brown.
2. While the shallots cook, break the eggs into a large bowl and whisk to combine whites and yolks.
3. Grease the muffin tins well with room temperature or cold butter.
4. Mix remaining ingredients plus the cooked shallot into the eggs and blend well. *the ham will sink to the bottom quickly so stir the mix often while filling the tins.
5.Fill the muffin tins 3/4 full and place in preheated oven. Cook for 20 minutes. Time will vary oven to oven but you will know your Frittata Muffins are done when they poof up on the tops and brown slightly.
6. Cool in the pans for a few minutes, then run a knife around the edges to loosen then lift out with a small flexible spatula or a fork.
*This recipe makes about 10 jumbo muffins.